Chickpea Tikka Masala Recipe
SERVES 2 | FINISH IN 25 minutes
Made in one pot, Chickpea Tikka Masala is an easy vegan creamy main dish that can get to the table in under 30 minutes. It’s hard to beat the fragrant, complex flavor of Chickpea Tikka Masala served with rice or naan bread.
- 2 tbsp. Vegetable Oil
- 1 Onion, peeled and diced
- 3 Tomatoes, diced, Or ½ can (15 oz.) Diced Tomatoes
- 1/4 c. Fresh Diced Cilantro, Leaves And Stems
- 2 cans (14oz) Chickpeas, Drained And Rinsed
- 1 ½ c. Sky Valley Tikka Masala Sauce
- Salt And Pepper, To Taste
- ½ c. Chopped Fresh Cilantro
- Naan Bread (optional)
- Bring a large Dutch oven or thick-bottomed pot to medium heat. Add oil and onion, and saute for 5 minutes, until onion begins to turn golden.
- Add tomatoes and cilantro, season with a pinch of salt and pepper, and crush with a wooden spoon or spatula. Saute for 5 minutes, until some juices have evaporated and tomatoes have broken down somewhat.
- Add the chickpeas to the pan and stir well. Add the Sky Valley Tikka Masala sauce, mix well and let cook for 10 minutes. Taste and correct seasonings, adding salt and pepper as desired.
- Optional: Using a potato masher, wooden spoon or spatula, mash about 1/2 cup of the chickpeas in the pot. This will help thicken the sauce and give it a chunkier feel, but it’s not mandatory.
- Serve Chickpea Tikka Masala with a generous sprinkling of fresh cilantro, alongside rice and naan bread.