Korean BBQ Chicken Bowl Recipe
SERVES 4 | FINISH IN
This grilled Korean BBQ Chicken Bowl with white rice, corn, carrot slaw and a simple spicy mayo is an easy, delicious summer lunch or dinner! It’s packed with flavor, but you only need two simple ingredients for the grilled chicken. You can also make each component ahead of time and assemble for a quick meal.
- 1lb. chicken breasts
- 1 cup Sky Valley® Korean BBQ Sauce
- 1 cup dry white rice, cooked according to package directions
- 4 ears of corn
- 1/2 lb. carrots, sliced into thin strips
- 1 ½ tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onion
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon gochujang or sriracha
For garnish: fresh cilantro, scallions, sesame seeds
- Slice chicken breasts into 1” cubes. Place in bowl and toss well with Sky Valley® Korean BBQ Sauce to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill to medium. Place chicken on wooden skewers and grill for 10-15 minutes total, until each side is slightly charred and chicken is cooked through. While chicken is on the grill, brush with any remaining marinade.
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Bring 8 cups water to a boil in a large pot. Boil corn for 5 minutes, then remove from water and slice kernels off the cobb.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together rice vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, green onion and sesame seeds. Toss well with carrots and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together mayonnaise and gochujang until smooth.
- Serve bowl with white rice, chicken, corn, carrot slaw and drizzle with spicy mayo. Garnish with fresh cilantro, scallions and sesame seeds.