Korean Cheesy Chicken Buldak Recipe
SERVES 6 | FINISH IN 42 minutes
Chicken Buldak is a popular Korean bar snack that means “fire chicken”. In this spicy, cheesy dish, chicken thighs are cooked in a spicy-sweet Sky Valley Korean BBQ Sauce and slathered in a layer of gooey, melted cheese, topped with scallions and sesame seeds.
- 5 c. Sky Valley Korean BBQ Sauce
- 5lb. Chicken Thighs, boneless, skinless
- 2 tbsp. Neutral Cooking Oil, such as canola or grapeseed oil
- 5 c. Mozzarella Cheese, shredded or cubed
- 2 Scallions, sliced, for garnish
- 1 tbsp. Sesame Seeds
- Rice, for serving
- Prep the ingredients: Dice chicken thighs into 1-inch cubes. Shred or cube the mozzarella. Slice the scallions.
- Into a large casserole dish, pour Korean BBQ sauce. Add cubed chicken thighs, and stir well to coat. Marinade chicken thighs in Korean BBQ sauce for a minimum of 30 minutes, and up to overnight.
- When ready to cook, set the oven to high on the grill / broil setting. Season a cast-iron pan, or another oven-safe pan with 2 of cooking oil. Transfer chicken thighs in sauce to the pan.
- Transfer chicken to cook in the oven, set on the grill setting, for 5 minutes on one side. Remove the pan from the oven and, using a spoon or tongs, give the chicken thighs a good stir and turn the pieces over, and return to the oven to cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven. Sprinkle shredded or diced mozzarella over the chicken pieces. Return to the oven and broil until the cheese is fully melted and bubbly, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle the dish with scallions and sesame seeds. Serve Korean chicken buldak immediately with a side of rice.
Review this Recipe