Mole Chicken Wings Recipe
SERVES 2 | FINISH IN 30 minutes
Mole Chicken Wings are a quick, easy and authentic Mexican bar snack that will feel like you’re watching the game on the beach in Tijuana. Served with a creamy cilantro-lime dipping sauce, this is a delicious appetizer that will have you licking your fingers!
For Mole Chicken Wings:
- ½ c. Sky Valley Mole Sauce
- 2 lbs. Chicken Wings, (drummettes and wingettes, trimmed and prepared)
- 1 ½ tbsp. Vegetable Oil
- 1 tbsp. Ground Cumin
- 1 tbsp. Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp. Kosher Salt
- ½ tsp. Black Pepper
For Cilantro Lime Crema Dipping Sauce:
- ½ c. Sour Cream
- ½ c. Mayonnaise
- ½ Lime, zest and juice
- 1 tbsp. Diced Cilantro
- Fresh Diced Cilantro
- Lime Wedges
- Set the oven to broil / grill function. If you do not have a grill function, set the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a sheet pan with foil and place an oven-safe cookie drying rack on top of the foil. Oil the rack.
- Prep the chicken: Pat the wings dry, and transfer them to a large bowl. Add the oil, cumin and smoked paprika and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss the wings until well coated with the seasonings. Arrange the chicken wings in a single layer on the rack.
- Transfer to the oven and broil the wings, skin side up, for 10 minutes on one side, or until they are golden brown. Turn the wings and broil them for 10 minutes more, or until they are browned on the other side as well. If you do not have a broil setting, bake at 400F until crispy and golden brown, about 30 minutes.
- While chicken wings are broiling, prepare dipping sauce: in a small bowl, mix sour cream, mayonnaise, lime zest, lime juice and 1 tbsp. diced cilantro. Set aside.
- Transfer Sky Valley mole sauce to a large bowl, add the wings, and mix well to combine.
- Sprinkle mole chicken wings with the sesame seeds and fresh cilantro. Serve the wings with the Cilantro-Lime Crema over rice or with sour cream dipping sauce.