Red Chicken Enchiladas Recipe
SERVES 6 | FINISH IN 40 minutes
Oven-baked red chicken enchiladas, stuffed with black beans, seared chicken breasts, purple onion and fresh cilantro, and served with creamy avocado slices, salsa and sour cream.
- ½ lb. Chicken Breasts, diced into ½-inch cubes
- 1 ½ c. Sky Valley® Red Enchilada Sauce
- 1 can (13 ½ oz.) Black Beans
- 1 tsp. Cumin
- ½ tsp. Coriander
- ½ tsp. Paprika
- Juice of ½ Lime
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp. Oil
- 1½ c. Shredded Cheese
- 1 Purple Onion, slivered
- ½ c. Cilantro, Diced
- 2 Avocados, sliced, for serving
- Jalapeno slices, optional, for serving
- Lime Wedges, for serving
- Sour cream, for serving
- Salsa, for serving
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Prep a 9 x 12 casserole dish.
- In a small bowl, combine black beans with cumin, coriander and paprika, and season with lime juice and a pinch each of salt and pepper.
- Preheat a non-stick pan to medium heat. Add oil and preheat it for 2 minutes. Add diced chicken breasts, and sear on all sides, about 4 minutes in total. Add 4 tablespoons of Sky Valley® Red Enchilada Sauce. Mix to combine, and cook for another 5 minutes, until the chicken is well coated and the sauce has permeated the meat.
- Spread 1/4 cup of Sky Valley® Red Enchilada Sauce at the bottom of the prepared casserole dish.
- Assemble enchiladas: Lay out a tortilla on a cutting board. Add 1 tablespoon of enchilada sauce and spread in the middle of the tortilla. Add 1 tablespoon of black beans, and a few chicken pieces. Top with 1 tablespoon of shredded cheese, a few pieces of onion and a teaspoon of minced cilantro. Roll chicken enchilada into a tube and place, seam-side down, in the prepared casserole dish. Repeat until you run out of tortillas and filling. Top all the enchiladas with remaining Sky Valley® Red Enchilada Sauce and shredded cheese.
- Cook Red Chicken Enchiladas at 375°F degrees Fahrenheit in the oven for 20 minutes, until the tortillas have crisped up around the edges and all the cheese is fully melted.
- Top Enchiladas with remaining purple onion slices, diced cilantro, avocado slices and jalapeno slices, if using. Serve enchiladas immediately, with lime wedges, sour cream, salsa and additional Sky Valley® Red Enchilada Sauce.