Roasted Korean Turkey Breast Recipe
SERVES 4 | FINISH IN 20 minutes
A roasted turkey breast marinated in Korean BBQ sauce and served with roasted veggies for an Asian-inspired take on a holiday classic. Prepare with fall vegetables like carrots, cauliflower, broccoli and brussels sprouts for a Thanksgiving feast, or more winter vegetables like squash, turnips, and sweet potatoes to serve for Christmas.
- 2 c. Sky Valley Korean BBQ Sauce
- 1 3 lb. Turkey Breast, Boneless
- 1 lb. Cauliflower
- 1 lb. Carrots
- 1 lb. Broccoli
- 1/2 lb. Brussels Sprouts
- 5 Scallions, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 tbsp. Ginger, minced
- ½ tsp. Red Chili Flakes
- 3 tbsp. Oil, Canola or Grapeseed, plus more for drizzling
- Salt, to taste
- Combine turkey breast and 1 ½ cups Sky Valley Korean BBQ Sauce in a large bowl. Rub sauce all over the turkey breast, ensuring it gets into all the crevices. Transfer to the fridge to marinate for at least 2 hours, and preferably overnight.
- In a large bowl or large resealable bag, combine ½ cup Sky Valley Korean BBQ Sauce, grated ginger, chili flakes and oil. Add the vegetables and diced scallions, and toss to coat evenly in the sauce and seasonings. Transfer to the fridge to marinate for at least 2 hours, and preferably overnight.
- When ready to cook, preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Arrange the diced, sauce-coated vegetables atop a rimmed baking sheet or a roasting tray. Lightly season with salt.
- Spray a metal cooking rack with non-stick cooking spray or oil, and set it on top of the vegetables (it’s fine if there’s some contact).
- Transfer the turkey to the rack, skin side up. Top turkey and vegetables with any leftover sauce and marinade. Sprinkle turkey lightly with salt.
- Roast Korean BBQ turkey breast and vegetables in the oven for 1 hour 30 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted into the centre of the turkey reads 165°F. During the cooking process, occasionally check on the turkey and baste it with the juices from the pan. If the skin on the turkey begins to brown too much, cover the turkey breast with tinfoil.
- Let the turkey rest 15 minutes before slicing. Serve sliced Korean BBQ turkey breast and vegetables sprinkled with more scallions and all the juices from the pan; pair with rice on the side, if desired.