Spicy Chorizo & Potato Quiche Recipe
SERVES 10 | FINISH IN 55 minutes
Spicy Chorizo and Potato Quiche is the ultimate Sunday brunch recipe! It’s hearty, yet filled with delicious flavors. Perfect for the whole family.
- Store-bought whole wheat pie crust
- 1 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 Yellow Onion, diced
- 1 ½ c. Yellow Potatoes, finely diced
- ¾ lb. Spicy Chorizo
- 2 tbsp. Sky Valley Hot Sauce, plus more for topping
- 8 Eggs
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- ¼ c. Shredded Manchego Cheese, plus more for topping
For topping: fresh basil and parsley
- Preheat oven to 400˚F. Remove pie crust from packaging. Par-bake for 5-7 minutes, then remove from oven.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350˚F.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and sauté for 5 minutes, until softened. Add potatoes and continue cooking for 15 minutes, until fork tender. Stir often to prevent burning. Add chorizo and continue cooking until browned and fully cooked. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, salt, pepper and hot sauce. Use a spatula to fold in the chorizo/potato mixture and manchego cheese. Pour into pie crust, then bake for 20-30 minutes, until set.
- Remove from oven and top with more hot sauce and fresh herbs.