Vegan Summer Rolls
SERVES 4 | FINISH IN 40 minutes
Vegetarian Summer rolls with Sky Valley Sweet Chili Sauce.
- 8 spring roll rice paper wrappers
- 1 c. cooked rice noodles
- 1 c. shredded Napa cabbage
- ¼ c. shredded purple cabbage
- ¼ c. shredded carrots
- 1 large cucumber, julienned (skin optional)
- 1 large red pepper, julienned
- ½ c. fresh mint leaves
- ½ c. fresh cilantro leaves
- 8 lime wedges
- Sky Valley Sweet Chili Sauce
- Take the rice noodles, Napa cabbage, purple cabbage, carrots, cucumber, red pepper, mint leaves, and cilantro leaves and divide them into 8 stacks. (This step is important because the rice paper dries quickly, and you need to work fast when assembling.)
- Pour warm water into a large bowl or 9-inch square baking pan. Working with them one at a time, dip the rice paper wrapper into warm water for 15-20 seconds (or follow package directions). You want the wrapper to be soft, yet still slightly firm and pliable. Immediately remove from the water and place onto a flat work surface. Pat the wrapper slightly dry.
- Place a stack of the cabbage/noodle mixture onto the rice paper making sure not to overfill them.
- Roll everything up tightly. First gently pull up the bottom of the roll and over the filling. Then, roll and use your hands to tuck the filling in as you go. Fold the sides in as if you were rolling a burrito keeping everything tight.
- To serve, cut rolls in half lengthwise and serve with Sky Valley Sweet Chili Sauce.