Thai Butternut Squash Soup Recipe
SERVES 6 | FINISH IN 40 minutes
Thai Peanut Butternut Squash Soup is a creamy butternut squash soup flavored with Thai peanut sauce, coconut milk, lemongrass and onions and a dash of Sriracha sauce. Topped with microgreens, crushed peanuts, more coconut milk, cilantro and scallions, this is a spicy-and-sweet soup that is perfect for fall, or the Thanksgiving table.
- 2 tbsp. Vegetable or Canola Oil
- 6 c. Butternut Squash, diced
- 1 Onion, diced
- 4 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 stem Lemongrass, minced or 1 tbsp. Litehouse® Freeze-dried Lemongrass
- 2 tbsp. Sky Valley® Thai Peanut Sauce
- 2 tsp. Sky Valley® Sriracha Sauce, or more, to taste
- 1 tsp. Salt
- ½ tsp. Black pepper
- 4 c. Chicken or Vegetable Broth
- 1 (13 ½-oz.) can Coconut Milk
- Juice of 1 Lime
- Lime slices, for serving
- Fresh cilantro, for serving
- Peanuts, diced, for served
- Microgreens or Sprouts, for serving
- Scallions, diced, for serving
- Coconut milk, for serving
- Preheat a large pot to medium heat. Add oil, diced onion, cubed squash, minced garlic and lemongrass. Saute for 10 minutes.
- Add Sky Valley® Thai Peanut Sauce, Sky Valley® Sriracha Sauce, salt and pepper. Stir and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add broth. Cover and let soup cook for 30 minutes, until squash is fully cooked and can be easily pierced with a fork.
- Using an immersion blender or a standing blender, purée the soup mixture until smooth, working in batches if necessary.
- Add coconut milk to the soup, and stir to combine. Season with lime juice. Taste and correct seasonings, adding salt, more Sky Valley® Thai Peanut Sauce, Sky Valley® Sriracha Sauce or lime juice if necessary.
- Serve the butternut squash soup drizzled with additional coconut milk and topped with microgreens, fresh cilantro, crushed peanuts, diced scallions and lime wedges on the side.