Butternut Squash Curry
SERVES 4 | FINISH IN 40 minutes
Traditional curry gets an upgrade with butternut squash simmered in a rich Thai coconut peanut sauce. This easy sauce comes together easily thanks to Sky Valley® Thai Peanut Sauce, coconut milk and Sky Valley® Green Sriracha. Served over jasmine rice, it’s topped with fresh cilantro, peanuts and fried shallots for extra layers of flavor and texture. A nourishing one-pot meal the whole family will love.
- 1 Yellow Onion, cubed
- 1 Butternut Squash, peeled and cubed
- ½ c. Sky Valley® Thai Peanut Sauce
- 1 (13.5 Oz.) Can Coconut Milk
- ¼ c. Fresh Cilantro
- Cooked Jasmine Rice
- Sky Valley® Green Sriracha
- ¼ c. Roasted Peanuts
- ¼ c. Fried Shallots
- 4 Lime Wedges
- Add 2 tbsp. oil to a large pan. Add onion, and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add squash and Sky Valley® Thai Peanut Sauce. Stir to combine. Lower heat to low and cover with a lid, cooking squash for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until softened. If squash sticks to the bottom, add 1-2 tbsp. water.
- Add coconut milk. Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer until squash is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Serve over rice and top with cilantro, Sky Valley® Green Sriracha, peanuts and shallots, with lime wedges on the side.