Basil Thai Chicken with Eggs
SERVES 4 | FINISH IN 35 minutes
- 1 lb ground chicken (other ground meat works, too)
- 4 to 6 chilies, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 cup cooked Sushi Rice
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 1 Cup basil leaves
- Lime slices for garnish
- Sesame Seeds for garnish
- 3 Tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Prepare the sushi rice according to package directions. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk the sauce ingredients. Set aside.
- Cook the chicken. Heat a tablespoon of sesame oil in a large sauté pan over high heat. Add the chicken and sauté for 3-5 minutes until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F. Set aside.
- Cook the vegetables. In the same pan, use the remaining tablespoon of oil to saute the chilies, onions, and garlic for 3-5 minutes, until soft. Stir in chicken and set aside.
- Cook the eggs. In the same pan, add last tablespoon of oil and cook the eggs sunny side up
- Arrange rice on platter, topped with chicken and vegetables. Top with eggs.
- Serve with a garnish of lime slices, sesame seeds, basil and Sky Valley Green Sriracha.