Spicy Black Bean Taquitos Recipe
SERVES 3-4 | FINISH IN 35 minutes
These simple and tasty taquitos are perfect for a quick family dinner or an afternoon snack. Create a fun meal with different toppings and dipping sauces.
- 1 15 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/3 c. Sky Valley Verde Sauce
- 1/3 c. shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 8 corn tortillas, fajita size
- Cooking spray
- For topping: Sky Valley Sriracha, Mexican crema, Pico de Gallo, roasted corn, Cotija cheese crumbles, cilantro, lime wedges
- Preheat the oven to 425° F. Spray nonstick cooking spray onto a cookie sheet.
- Combine the black beans and Sky Valley Verde Sauce in a medium saucepan and cook over medium heat until it begins to simmer. Cook for 5 minutes and remove from heat. Mash half of the black beans and then stir in the cheese.
- Warm 2 tortillas at a time between damp paper towels in the microwave for 10 seconds. Place filling in the center of one tortilla, roll the tortilla and place seam-side down onto cookie sheet. Repeat with remaining tortillas and filling.
- Spray the tops of the taquitos lightly with additional cooking spray and bake for 18-20 minutes, until golden brown.
- Serve warm taquitos with above toppings.