Duck Confit Tacos Recipe
SERVES 4 | FINISH IN 20 minutes
Duck confit tacos are bursting with shredded juicy duck confit meat cooked in taco sauce, topped with crispy duck skin, a zesty radish and scallion salsa, fresh cilantro and mint leaves. A celebration of textures, colors and Asian and Mexican flavors!
For Duck Confit Meat:
- 2 Duck Confit Legs, pre-cooked and frozen or refrigerated (or 1 (7 1/2 oz.) package Shredded Duck Confit Meat)
- 1/2 c. Sky Valley Taco Sauce, plus more for drizzling
For Quick-pickled Radishes and Scallions:
- 2 tbsp. Rice Vinegar
- 1 tbsp. Sesame Seed Oil
- 1 Lime Wedge, juice of
- 3 Radishes, sliced thinly
- 3 Scallions, , sliced thinly
- 6-8 Corn Tortillas
- 1/2 c. Cilantro Leaves, Roughly Chopped
- 1/4 c. Mint Leaves, Whole
- 1-2 Jalapeños, Sliced (Optional)
- 1 Lime, Cut Into Wedges
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Quick-pickle the Radishes and Scallions: In a bowl or jar, mix rice vinegar with sesame oil and lime juice. Add diced scallions and radishes, and mix together until everything is coated in the marinade. Set aside.
- Transfer duck confit legs along with the duck fat in which they are packaged to a cast-iron dish. Cover with a lid or aluminum foil, and bake for 20 minutes. Remove the cover, and continue cooking the skin under the broiler for an additional 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- When duck legs have cooled sufficiently, remove skin from legs (try to keep it in 1 piece). Cover a plate with paper towels, and spread out the duck skin on top. Transfer to the microwave and set to cook on high power for 2 minutes, until the skin is browned, crispy and sizzling. If the skin isn’t sufficiently crispy at this point, return to the microwave and cook for another minute. Remove from paper towels and let cool completely before breaking skin into crispy, bite-sized bits.
- Shred the duck meat. Season with ½ cup of Sky Valley Taco Sauce. Stir well to coat.
- Lightly toast your corn tortillas in a separate pan. Keep them covered with a towel or wrapped in tin foil until everything is ready to assemble.
- To assemble duck confit tacos, top each taco with shredded duck confit meat, quick-pickled radishes and scallions, and crispy duck skin. You can also add some optional jalapeno slices. Finish each taco with a few mint leaves, a sprinkling of fresh cilantro and a few drops of taco Sky Valley Taco Sauce. Serve with lime wedges.