General Tso Cauliflower
SERVES 4 | FINISH IN 1 hour 25 minutes
Coated in Sky Valley General Tso Sauce, cauliflower florets will be baked and served with scallions over white rice. A healthy, gluten free and vegan update on a take out favorite!
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 2 Scallions, sliced
- ¼ c. Cornstarch
- 1 tsp. Salt
- ½ c. Sky Valley General Tso Sauce
- White Rice, optional, for serving
- Chopped Scallions, for serving
- Sesame Seeds, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 450 F. Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Break cauliflower into bite-sized florets of about 1-2 inches in diameter.
- In a large bowl, mix cauliflower florets with cornstarch and salt. Stir well to ensure all the florets are well coated.
- Transfer cauliflower florets to baking sheet, spacing them out evenly without overlap. Bake at 450 F oven for 30 minutes, until florets are golden brown in parts and can be easily pierced through with a fork.
- Remove baking sheet from the oven. Drizzle florets with Sky Valley General Tso Sauce, and stir well with thongs to ensure they are well coated. Return to the oven for another 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately over white rice (if desired), sprinkled with diced scallions and sesame seeds. General Tso Cauliflower can also be eaten as an appetizer on its own.