Korean BBQ Chicken Bowl with Cabbage, Carrots & Avocado Recipe
SERVES 4 | FINISH IN 1 hour 10 minutes
These Korean BBQ Chicken Bowls are a healthy dinner option and are easy to make during the week. They are also perfect for meal-prep lunches.
- 1 ½ lb. boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- ½ c. Sky Valley Korean BBQ Sauce
- 2 c. Basmati rice
- 1 ½ c. water
- 1 c. unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 c. salt
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 2 c. purple cabbage, shredded
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Toasted sesame seeds, cilantro, lime wedges for serving
- Combine the chicken and Korean BBQ Sauce is a large bowl, tossing to coat the chicken. Cover and allow to marinate overnight or at least 4 hours.
- Prepare the rice by combining the rice, water, coconut milk and salt in a saucepan. Bring rice mixture to a boil, cover and reduce heat to low and allow to simmer for 15 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and allow to sit for 10 minutes before serving.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat. Remove the chicken from the marinade and discard the marinade. Grill the chicken for 6-7 minutes on each side. Remove from heat and allow to sit for at least 5 minutes before slicing. (You can also broil the chicken if you do not have access to a grill.)
- Divide the rice and chicken evenly between 4 bowls. Top the bowls with the green onions, cabbage, carrots and avocado slices. Top with sesame seeds, cilantro and lime wedges if desired before serving.