Salsa Verde Chicken Breakfast Casserole Recipe
SERVES 8 | FINISH IN 30 minutes
This Salsa Verde Chicken Breakfast Casserole is creamy, cheesy filled with chicken. With a color combination of red, white and green, this is the perfect Christmas Day brunch to feed a crowd, and it can even be made ahead and reheated.
- 3 c. Shredded Rotisserie Chicken
- 1 bottle (12 ½ oz.) Sky Valley® Salsa Verde Sauce, plus more, for serving
- ¾ c. Sour Cream
- 3 c. Tortilla Chips
- 3 c. Shredded Cheese
- 8 Eggs
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1 tsp. Salt
- ½ c. Diced Cilantro
- Sliced Jalapenos, optional
- Sour cream, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 375°F Grease a 9×12 casserole dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine the Sky Valley® Salsa Verde and sour cream. Stir until fully combined.
- Ladle ¾ cup of the salsa verde mixture on the bottom of the prepared casserole dish. Top with a layer of tortilla chips. Spread half the shredded chicken, ⅓ of the salsa verde mixture, and 1 cup of cheese. Repeat with another layer of tortilla chips, remaining chicken, ½ the remaining salsa verde, and 1 cup cheese. Finish with a final layer of tortilla chips, the remaining salsa verde, and remaining cheese.
- Create 8 little nests in the casserole topping. Crack a whole egg into each nest. Sprinkle liberally with freshly ground black pepper and 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Bake Salsa Verde Chicken Breakfast Casserole for 20 minutes until the cheese has melted and the eggs have set to your liking. Top with fresh diced cilantro and sliced jalapenos, if desired.
- Serve with additional sour cream and Sky Valley® Salsa Verde.