Spicy Green Shakshuka
SERVES 6 | FINISH IN 25 minutes
Try our Spicy Green Shakshuka—a creative spin on a traditional Middle Eastern dish. Packed with spinach, jalapeño, onion, and yogurt, it offers a unique and flavorful experience. To add some kick, we top it off with a generous drizzle of Sky Valley’s Green Sriracha. Get ready to enjoy a spicy and satisfying meal that will leave you wanting seconds.
Sriracha, Spicy, Comfort Food, Gluten Free, Middle Eastern, Breakfast, Authentic, Vegetarian
- 1 Onion, sliced
- 3 Garlic Cloves, diced
- 11 oz. Spinach
- ½ c. Mixed Herbs (Cilantro, Parsley, Mint)
- ½ Fresh Jalapeno, seeded and chopped (or 1-2 teaspoons of Chili Flakes)
- 100 ml. Yogurt
- 1 tbsp. Sky Valley Green Sriracha Sauce, plus more for drizzling
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. Pepper
- 6 Eggs
- In a pan, sauté onions over medium heat until translucent for about 10 minutes. Add chopped garlic and cook for an additional minute.
- Add the mixed herbs and greens to the pan and cook until wilted, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes.
- Add jalapeno or chili flakes and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Stir in yogurt, Sky Valley Green Sriracha, salt, and pepper. Create 6 small nests in the mixture and carefully break an egg into each nest.
- Cover with a lid, and cook for an additional 5 minutes or until the eggs reach your desired doneness. Remove lid and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Top with fresh feta or goat cheese and another drizzle of Sky Valley Green Sriracha. Serve immediately.