Sweet Chili Grilled Chicken Satay and Thai Crunch Salad Recipe
SERVES 4 | FINISH IN 45 minutes
Grilled sweet chili chicken served over a colorful, crunchy Thai salad.
Thai Crunch Salad
- 2 c. shaved napa cabbage
- ½ c. shaved red cabbage
- ½ c. sliced red peppers
- ½ c. Chinese-cut heirloom carrots
- ¼ c. sliced green onion
- ¼ c. chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp. chopped mint
- ½ c. Sky Valley® Thai Peanut Sauce
- ½ c. roasted peanuts, rough chopped
- 1 lb. chicken breast, cut into strips
- ¼ c. coconut milk
- 1 ½ tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 tsp. curry powder (yellow)
- ½ tsp. turmeric
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 2 ½ tbsp. brown sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cooking spray
- ½ c, Sky Valley® Sweet Chili Sauce
- For the chicken satay, cut the chicken breasts lengthwise into ½ inch strips. In a medium mixing bowl combine the coconut milk, soy sauce, curry powder, turmeric, garlic, and brown sugar. Taste and season marinade with salt and pepper. Marinate the chicken strips in the coconut milk mixture 6 hours or overnight.
- Spray a cold grill grate with cooking spray. Preheat the grill to medium-high heat. Soak 8-inch wood skewers in water for 10 minutes. Skewer the chicken and then grill for 4 minutes. Turn chicken over and brush with sweet chili sauce. Cook for another 4 minutes. Turn over again and brush with more sauce. Grill until chicken registers 165° F and the sauce is hot. Be careful not to burn the chicken skewers.
- For the salad, mix all ingredients together in a bowl except for the peanuts. Toss until well combined and transfer to 4 plates. Garnish with chicken skewers and peanuts.