Sweet Chili Vermicelli Noodles Recipe
SERVES 4 | FINISH IN 20 minutes
Ready in under 30 minutes, these sweet and spicy noodles offer an easy take on Singapore noodles that will set your taste buds dancing! Thin rice noodles intermingled with loads of peppers, purple onion slivers and scallions will add a burst of piquant sweetness to any meal.
- 1 package (14-oz.) Rice Vermicelli
- 4 Eggs
- 2 tsp. Salt, plus more, to taste
- 1 tsp. Pepper, plus more, to taste
- 3 tbsp. Oil (Canola, Vegetable or Grapeseed)
- 1 Purple Onion, thinly sliced
- 3 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 Bell Pepper, julienned
- 2 Carrots, julienned
- 2 Scallions, sliced
- 4 tbsp. Sky Valley Sweet Chili Sauce
- 2 Chopped Scallions, for serving
- Sesame Seeds, for serving
- Soak rice vermicelli in a large bowl filled with boiling hot water for 10 minutes.
- Season eggs with salt and pepper and whisk thoroughly.
- Preheat a wok or a large pan to medium-high heat. Add 1 tbsp. oil and pour in the eggs. Whisking constantly, scramble the eggs until they are just set. Remove from the pan immediately and set aside.
- Add another 2 tbsp. oil to pan. Add onions and cook until they have softened and are beginning to change color, about 2-3 minutes. Add garlic, bell peppers and carrots, and cook, stirring often, for 4-5 minutes, until everything has softened but still retains some bite. Season with an additional 1 tsp. salt and ½ tsp. pepper.
- Return vermicelli back to the pan. Add Sky Valley Sweet Chili Sauce and a couple pinches of salt and stir thoroughly until all combined and the sauce coats everything. Let cook for an additional 2-3 minutes. Return scrambled eggs back to the pan and remove from heat. Toss everything together once again.
- Serve sweet chili noodles immediately, topped with sesame seeds and scallions.