Sweet Potato Chilaquiles Recipe
SERVES 4 | FINISH IN 35 minutes
Breakfast for dinner! Or, breakfast for brunch! Whenever you serve these sweet potato chilaquiles, they will quickly become one of your favorite healthy egg dishes. Crispy sweet potato cubes replace traditional tortilla chips to make these gluten-free and Whole30 compliant. Served with Sky Valley Salsa Verde sauce, these chilaquiles are flavorful and easy to make.
- 1 tbsp. avocado oil
- 1/2 c. finely diced white or yellow onion
- 2 c. finely diced, peeled sweet potato cubes
- 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 c. Sky Valley Salsa Verde Sauce
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 large avocado, sliced
- 1/4 c. cilantro, finely chipped
- Lime wedges, for serving
- Sliced red onions, for serving
- Sliced jalapeño peppers, for serving
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon oil and swirl to coat the bottom of the skillet. Add the onion and sweet potato and cook, stirring often until soft and slightly crispy on the outside.
- Add in the spices and Sky Valley Salsa Verde Sauce and let simmer for 1 minute, stirring occasionally.
- While the sauce is simmering, lightly beat the eggs in a medium bowl. Gently push the potatoes to the edge of the pan and add in the beaten eggs, adding more oil if the pan feels too dry. Let set for 30 seconds, then gently stir the eggs to create large, soft curds. Mix with the sweet potatoes and remove from heat.
- Top with sliced avocado, cilantro, lime wedges, red onions, jalapeño peppers and more Sky Valley Salsa Verde sauce. Serve immediately.