Teriyaki Tuna Tataki Flatbread Recipe
SERVES 4 | FINISH IN 10 minutes
Teriyaki Tuna Tataki Flatbread is a globally-inspired Asian flatbread topped with Teriyaki-glazed tataki tuna, scallions and a spicy mayo-sriracha sauce. All the flavors of your favorite sushi tuna roll, refined and served in a beautiful appetizer.
- 1 tbsp. Olive Oil
- ¼ c. Sesame Seeds, black and white, and more, for sprinkling
- ½ lb. Sushi-Grade Fresh Tuna
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- ½ c. Sky Valley® Teriyaki Sauce
- 2 Premade Naan Flatbreads
- 3 tbsp. Mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp. Sky Valley® Sriracha Sauce
- 1 c. Microgreens
- ½ c. Scallions, diced
- Preheat a cast-iron grill pan or a non-stick pan to medium heat. Add olive oil.
- Transfer sesame seeds to a flat plate. Season tuna steak with salt and pepper. Using a pastry brush or a spatula, generously smear both sides of the tuna steak with Sky Valley® Teriyaki Sauce. Dip the tuna steak on both sides into the sesame seed mixture, making sure all sides are well coated.
- Transfer the tuna steak to the hot pan and sear it on all sides, 30-60 seconds per side.
- Using a sharp knife, slice the tuna steak against the grain into thin slices. The outside of the tuna steaks should be seared, while the inside should be reddish and rare.
- Toast naan flatbreads on the grill setting in the oven, or in a toaster oven.
- In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise and Sky Valley® Sriracha Sauce.
- To assemble Teriyaki Tuna Tataki Flatbreads, generously cover the flatbreads with Sky Valley® Teriyaki Sauce. Top with the seared tuna slices, microgreens, and generously drizzle with remaining Sky Valley® Teriyaki Sauce and the Sriracha-mayonnaise mixture. Sprinkle with remaining sesame seeds and sliced scallions. Serve immediately.