Vegetarian Taco Salad
SERVES 4 | FINISH IN 15 minutes
Taco Salad with lettuce, corn, cherry tomatoes, bell peppers, avocado, scallions, pickled jalapenos and shredded cheese, topped with homemade tortilla chips. Served with a creamy Red Enchilada Sauce, this healthy taco salad is a surprising twist on a familiar classic!
- 1 head Romaine Lettuce, thinly sliced into ribbons
- 1 (7-oz.) Can Corn
- 1 Bell Pepper, cubed
- 1 Avocado, cubed
- 2 Scallions, sliced
- 2 tbsp. Pickled Jalapenos, drained
- 1 c. Shredded Cheese
- 2 tbsp. Oil (Canola, Vegetable or Grapeseed)
- 4 Corn Tortillas, thinly sliced into strips
- ¼ c. Greek Yogurt or Low Fat Sour Cream
- ½ Lime, juice of
- 2 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp. Sky Valley Red Enchilada Sauce
- 1 tsp. Salt, or more, to taste
- ½ tsp. Pepper, or more, to taste
- ¼ cup Cilantro, diced
- In a large bowl, combine all the diced vegetables and the cheese.
- Prepare tortilla chips: Add oil to a pan and preheat the pan to medium-high heat. When oil is heated, add one layer of thinly sliced tortilla strips (take care not to crowd). Fry the strips until they are golden brown and crunchy. Remove from oil and let drain on a paper towel-lined plate. Repeat in batches if necessary.
- Combine sauce ingredients – yogurt, lime juice, olive oil and Sky Valley Red Enchilada Sauce – in a jar and whisk well to combine.
- Top salad with sauce, tortilla chips, and fresh cilantro.