Vegetarian Tortilla Soup Recipe
SERVES 4-6 | FINISH IN 50 minutes
Vegetarian Tortilla Soup is a veggie-ful dish with a kick! With jalapeño, chili powder, and hot sauce, your taste buds will be happily on fire. Serve with tortilla chips, avocado, and sour cream for a beautifully balanced dish.
- 2 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 Yellow Onion, diced
- 1 Jalapeño, finely minced
- 1 c. Fire Roasted Corn (frozen)
- 2 tbsp. Tomato Paste
- 1 tsp. Chili Powder
- ½ tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp. Cumin
- Salt, to taste
- 2 tbsp. Sky Valley Hot Sauce + more for topping
- 2 15-oz. cans Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes
- 4 c. Vegetable Broth
- 2 15-oz. cans Kidney, Pinto or Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- For garnish: tortilla chips, avocado, sour cream, more Sky Valley Hot Sauce
- Heat olive oil in a stock pot over medium heat. Add onion and jalapeño and sauté for 5-7 minutes.
- Add corn, tomato paste, chili powder, garlic powder, cumin, salt and hot sauce. Stir well, then add diced tomatoes, broth and beans. Stir, bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 25-30 minutes.
- Garnish with tortilla chips, avocado, sour cream and more Sky Valley Hot Sauce.