Instant Pot Vegetable Enchilada Casserole Recipe
SERVES 4-6 | FINISH IN 35 minutes
Instant Pot Vegetable Enchiladas! This casserole is a perfect, healthy weeknight meal. Filled with vegetables, beans and rice, this recipe has plant-based protein and easily gluten-free. If you love the taste of enchiladas, but hate the work then this recipe is for you! Serve as is or as an enchilada filling.
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 bell peppers, chopped
- 1 medium white or yellow onion, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 tsp. Chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. ground oregano
- 1 c. uncooked rice
- 1 1/2 c. water
- 1 1/2 c. Sky Valley Red Enchilada Sauce, divided
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 oz.) can corn, drained and rinsed
- 1 (4 oz.) can diced jalapeños
- 1/4 c. chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 corn tortillas, sliced into strips
- 1 c. shredded cheddar cheese
- Turn on the Instant Pot/Pressure Cooker and hit the sauté button. Add the olive oil, bell peppers, onion, zucchini, and a pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper. Cook, stirring often, until vegetables are soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add in the uncooked rice and cook another minute, until just toasted. Press the cancel button to turn off the heat and add in 1 1/2 cups water and 1 cup of the enchilada sauce. Cover and cook at low pressure for 12 minutes (or use the Rice Setting on Instant Pot.)
- When done, turn the valve to venting and let the pressure come down. Remove the lid and immediately stir in the black beans, corn, jalapeños, cilantro, tortillas, cheese and remaining 1/2 cup enchilada sauce. Stir, then place the cover back on to melt the cheese
- Serve hot, with extra Enchilada sauce, if desired.
Review this Recipe